Thursday, September 29, 2016

SALKARA

This restaurant has many chains, two at Nadakkavu, one at railway station and one at Hilite Mall. The first time I visited this restaurant, was the one at the railway station and it was for breakfast. It was early morning around 5:00 am and they were open, the staff  was extremely friendly and explained me what an Idiyappam is and served it with the usual Kadala curry (black chickpea) and a cup of tea, it was the first time I tried Idiyappam and found it good. After this I have tried their biryani and paratha with egg curry, for each of my visits, both were again good.
The next time I visited one of their Nadakkavu outlets and while going through the menu I found that all their biryani items are striked out as they don't  serve them in this outlet. I still insisted being a biryani freak, so they told me that they can serve a kadai chicken biryani, I have no idea what all available curries were blended to make one but it tasted great and was more towards the North Indian style. All these restaurants in the city have simple ambiance and prices are similar to other restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment