Thursday, September 29, 2016

MEZBAN

As the name implies "HOST" in Urdu, this place is just good at it, hosting and serving. Located at the heart of the city, Asma Tower - Mavoor Road , it is highly crowded on weekends and holds an image more of a family restaurant. I consider it a restaurant for authentic cuisine of Calicut, let it be seafood or other dishes.
Staff is extremely friendly and help you with the dishes, since you may not be a Keralite and have a tough time pronouncing or understanding the names. The interiors are calm with everything in white such as seats, lights and paint. The tables are mostly for 4 or more people and even though it is located at a crowded spot of the city, it holds a large space for parking and saves you a lot of time. We visited in a group of few friends and tried some seer fish curry and fry, as seer fish is the only type which my north Indian friends are aware of, chicken biryani and mutton biryani. I prefer my biryani and especially my Indian seafood to be spicy but I still enjoyed their fish curry though it wasn't spicy at all and also enjoyed mutton biryani except for the reason that it had capsicum and large cubes of onion which I guess is common in Calicut cuisine. Recently, I tried their North style biryani which was again good but I feel they are best at their Malabar biryani or it might be that after trying biryani in almost every restaurant of Kozhikode, I am almost addicted to Malabar biryani. Later I have visited this place for their Fish meal and Kingfish fry, the meal was great but the fish fry was too spicy for me.
I would suggest you to visit this place to try the authentic seafood and it is the best place to spend time with your family  or I must say extended family on a weekend. I was shocked to know that this restaurant never had the need to place a name-board and yet it stands to be one of the famous restaurants in Kozhikode. This place is a package, good ambiance, good food and great service and looks best during evenings (once the lights are switched ON)

int

No comments:

Post a Comment