Thursday, September 29, 2016

AMMA HOTEL

Ammamess

A small place like a shack which resides in a corner of the city, a small alley (next to the canal) ahead of Chunky Chicken takes you towards this restaurant. I found this place online where it was mentioned that it is known for their fish fry. It is very crowded during lunch hours, is open only for few hours and closed on Sundays. I was hesitant to enter this place as it looked very shabby but I saw groups of college students and ladies sitting, so I pushed myself to give it a try.
They serve only one thing that is the typical Kerala meal on a banana leaf with french beans, fish curry, sweet mango pickle, matta rice, Aiykoora fish fry (KingFish) and hot rice water (water which remains after boiling rice). First thing I tasted was the fish fry, which was extremely oily, salty and spicy. If you are health conscious and not used to visiting small and dull restaurants, then this is not the place for you. The food was good but I wouldn't say great, but if you want to get a feel of the typical Keralite meal then I surely suggest this place for you.

This is how the food here looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment