Tuesday, October 4, 2016

HAJI ALI

Haji Ali, known from Mumbai to Dubai, I have heard a lot about this place but I am not sure if the one in Kozhikode belongs to the same franchisee.  Located again at the beach road, next to Punjab di Rasoi, this place is known for its falooda's, even though they serve juices and icecreams. I visisted this lace with my mom and dad and we tried three faloodas : Rose, Dry Fruits and Mango. When we asked one of the servers about the ingredients or difference in each flavor before ordering, he just pointed at another table where a family was sitting and had ordered all flavors and said " Mango aisa dikhta hai, rose woh pink wala hai aur dry fruits woh dusra wala", both my family and the other one started laughing. The contents were just as that of a regular falooda with some nuts, vermicelli, tiny pieces of fruits, basil seeds and lots of sugar.
Even though I agree that each restaurant, state, city and even country has its own version of falooda, this one is good but not great. Since it is the first Haji Ali Juice Centre I have visited, I expected something different but they were just regular faloodas with a taste which can be found in many other restaurants. 




No comments:

Post a Comment